Who we are
Our website address is: http://pfolio.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you use PFOLIO, we send one or more software files (“cookies”) to your device to uniquely identify your application and assist PFOLIO to help you log in faster and improve your navigation. A cookie may convey anonymous information to us about how you navigate PFOLIO. A persistent cookie remains on your device so that it can be used on subsequent visits to PFOLIO. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your device’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your application. You can reset your application to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, certain features of PFOLIO may not function properly if you disable the ability to accept cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
Who we share your data with
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
- Content Partners: We may allow third party partners to use and display some of the public content available through PFOLIO, such as your photos, reviews, and other information.
- Service Providers: We may rely on third party providers to support or provide some of the items that are available through PFOLIO. We may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for us in connection with your use of PFOLIO, such as communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of PFOLIO, and other functions. We may share information from or about you with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with us that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Third party providers may also share this information with their subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control. Some of our web pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of PFOLIO. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Aggregate or Anonymous Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as businesses that are listed on PFOLIO and content distributors. We may also disclose anonymized information about your use on PFOLIO.
- Businesses on PFOLIO: We may share information from or about you (such as your age and gender), your devices, and your use of PFOLIO (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses listed on PFOLIO. You may adjust your account settings to increase or decrease the amount of information we share. Keep in mind that businesses may still see your public activity and posts, and may receive information from or about you when you transact or communicate with them, through PFOLIO or otherwise, regardless of your settings. Additionally, if you make a phone call to a business through or in connection with your use of PFOLIO, we may share information about your call with the business that the business would have received had you called them directly, such as the date and time of your call and your phone number. You may be able to limit our ability to collect and share your phone number through your phone’s settings or phone service provider.
- Links: PFOLIO may link to third party services, like a business’s URL. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services.
- Third Party Accounts: If you sign up for, or log into, PFOLIO using a third party service like Facebook or Google, or link your PFOLIO account to your account with a third party service like Facebook or Twitter, we may receive information about you from such third party service. If you post content to a third party service through PFOLIO, that third party service will also receive that content, which will be visible to anyone that has access to it through that third party service.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.